March 17, 2008

Meet Pat Our Eldest Team Member

Hi! My name is Patricia Durham. I first joined another Curves in October 2002, and later transferred my membership to Curves Dearborn in May 2003, because it was much closer to my home. The fact that I could drive to Curves, exercise, and be home in less than an hour was very appealing to me. I also liked the fact that the workout is structured. I know what I have to do and I do it -- no guess work is involved.

My reason for joining Curves for Women didn’t really have anything to do with needing to lose weight, although I definitely needed to. I was attracted to the Curves fitness program because I was in my early sixties, had some arthritis and wanted to keep as mobile as I possibly could. Curves has allowed me to do just that. The fact that I have lost 20 pounds, and several inches, has certainly been an added bonus.

In November 2005, on a whim, I responded to a note that appeared on the Curves Dearborn blackboard stating they were looking for someone to work 9-12 hours a week. At first I thought, “I could do that, but I wonder if they would consider hiring someone my age.” Well, Gail Bushbaker, the owner, certainly didn’t have a problem with that. I have been a Curves employee for over 2 years now and it has been a wonderful experience.

The team at Curves Dearborn are “the best.” One of the biggest assets for me is the diversity of our members. There are several different ethnic backgrounds represented and I have met so many fabulous women -- warm, caring, witty, helpful and loving people. Wow! I feel so blessed.

Thanks Curves for making my life so joy-filled and my body so much healthier. Curves - what would I do without you?

LOTS OF LOVE ~ PAT

No comments: