March 7, 2008

Meet Gail, Owner of Curves Dearborn

Hopefully you are enjoying our blog and learning about our Curves in Dearborn Michigan. If you are a member, I encourage you to contact me and let me know how you are doing, what you like about our Curves and if there is anything we can do to help you be more successful or make your visits better.

If you want to buy a Curves in Michigan this is definitely an excellent opportunity for you to buy an established thriving business. Please call Kevin to discuss 702-400-9986.

My name is Gail Bushbaker, I'm a native Detroiter who was transplanted to Las Vegas Nevada in 2005. My husband Kevin and I started looking at buying a Curves in Michigan in early 2000 after I was laid off from one of my so called "real jobs" for the 2nd time. I have been an entrepreneur since 1990 when I started a cleaning business. Professionally I worked in quality management. Service and continuous improvement are in my blood.

In August of 2003, the day of the east coast blackout (you all remember that don't you?) Kevin came home from work and announced he found a Curves for Sale in Dearborn Michigan. I had news to share as well, I was about to be laid off again, for the 4th and last time.

By this time in 2003 we had spent over 3 years researching buying a Curves or other fitness franchise. We had even considered opening our own mom and pop exercise facility. In the end we concluded that the other franchises or our idea could not possibly compete with a brand icon like Curves. It was buy a Curves or nothing.

On November 5, 2003 our 3 year long journey and dream to buy a Curves in Michigan came true. We were the proud owners of the Dearborn Curves. It was originally located on Schaefer and we moved it to it's current location and reopened in March of 2004.

Buying and owning a Curves has been very rewarding. We are sad to end this chapter in our lives but as a new chapter begins we know that passing the baton is the right thing to do. Ironically the journey in our new chapter - Adoption - also has taken 3years to come to fruition as we will be parents any day now.

Looking back we know the time we spent preparing to buy and own Curves made all the difference in our success. We are fortunate to feel the same about being ready to be parents.

Stay tuned for more on our story ~ Gail

No comments: