February 27, 2008

Traycye's Story

Hi Everyone! Let me start by giving you greetings from the frigid Midwest! You will be happy to know that yes, it continues to snow here even though you (Gail) have left us here to go to Sunny Las Vegas (no we're not bitter...cold that is).

Cindy (the Hun) asked me to tell you something about my before picture (left). That picture was taken last year (Jan 2007) around this time before I started exercising and experiencing weight loss at Curves in Dearborn.

I was at a hot dog/bake sale for a co-worker with cancer. Naturally I was a dependable supporter of things of this nature. Anytime food was being sold for a cause - I would be there!

If I'm not mistaken I walked away with 3 CHILI DOGS LOADED, A BAG OF CHIPS AND A SODA! I'm sure that I don't have mention the plate of baked goods I snagged.

The coveralls that I am pictured wearing were the biggest ones that I owned. They were a men's size 54R, at that time I was kidding myself in a size 24. I probably needed a 26 but was still in denial.

Even though this is a men's size, it was like a large tent. When I wore those coveralls I always thought that they covered up my largeness. Obviously by looking at this picture, I could not have been more mistaken! What a tragedy.

Earlier this summer another co-worker of mine brought this picture to my attention. The progress that I had made by changing my eating habits and exercising at Curves five times a week had begun to show results!

She approached me and commented that I looked nothing like the picture from the bake sale. I had never seen it so I asked her to show me. I looked at it and was FLOORED!

All that time I had thought that my uniform hid my stomach! It did not!! I just could not get over it. I had only fooled myself! Can you believe it??

After seeing that picture I just started to think of it as my "before" picture. I have hundreds of "before" pictures, now I have to start making some "after" pictures!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING ~ TRAYCYE!

No comments: